Monday, September 13, 2010

My family is like double chocolate fudge brownies- mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Funfetti Cake Mix w/ Rainbow Chip Icing!

            So, my family and I got together for my last family reunion before I flee the country. It was entertaining. The women sat in the family room, looked through old photo albums and gossiped about young Indians marrying out of our race, the men sat in the living room and planned their golf trips and probably talked about the newest, coolest, electronics that I can not afford, and the little ones played outside, meaning they dumped buckets of ice water on each other and showed off their newest interesting toys (i.e. itouches and freaky little electronic hamster looking things). 





        After I was shunned from the don't marry outside of your religion conversation because of disagreement, I walked around with my camera, took tons of pictures, dodged my grandfather who asked me for 538th time why so many people were over and why I am going to Korea (he has dementia), and made sure I was not too far from the mouth watering, the-last-meal-I-want-before-death, food (look at the scrumptious dessert!) 

Butter Chicken, Saag Paneer, Karai Paneer, Tandoori Chicken, Rajma, Raita, Naan
Neapolitan Ice Cream w/ Nilla Cookie, Double Chocolate Brownie, Funfetti Cake w/Rainbow Chip Icing


I love hanging out with the 4 generations, 36.5, In the Womb- 93 years old family members. We have a span of personalities, opinions, and sizes, and we all know how to have a damn good time. I know I will be seeing them before a year, half of them are already planning trips to Korea (I don't know if I like this). 

WOAH MOMMA!!!
I have a few days left before I leave and to be honest, I have been having so much fun being with my crazy family. It has definitely been an experience. I just saw my grandmother pass and my sister is about to give birth. I have come full circle... almost, please send good thoughts to Harleen so she goes into labor ASAP!



Minus the 85 degrees, humidity, thunderstorms, and pouring rain, I am almost so fucking ready to leave the country. Waaaahooooooo!!!!!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment